To all previous and new attendees,
The Soaring Safety Foundation (SSF) provides US flight instructors the ability to renew their FAA flight instructor certificate in a class tailored to the need of Flight Instructors, pilots, and students.
The SSF now has an FAA approved ACR (Airman Certification Representative) on staff. At the successful completion of the course, the SSF ACR will use IACRA to issue a new temporary CFI certificate and file the paperwork with the FAA. This means that course attendees no longer need to schedule a visit with their local FSDO to complete the renewal process.
Register for a course on-line and pay the $150 fee by credit card, sending a check to the SSA office in Hobbs, or pay at the door. Attendees can register on the SSA website by clicking the tab “Soaring Safety” and then “Flight Training Programs” and "FIRC information” tab, if the attached link doesn’t work.
Follow the On-Line Registration link to the registration form. Selecting Pay by Credit Card and you will be taken to the SSA Store to complete the payment process.
Classes start will promptly at 0800 on both Saturday Jan 5 and Sunday Jan 6.
The 2019 SSF FIRC for the Chicagoland area is being held at;
- Location: Schaumburg Airport (06C)
- Date: Janurary 5-6, 2019
- Status: Firm
- On-Line Registration Form
- Local Contact: Robert Bramlett via [rhbramlett at gmail.com]
- Location: Schaumburg Airport
- 905 W. Irving Park Rd
- Schaumburg, IL 60193
- There are no recommended hotels, however there are numerous hotels near the I-90 and I-290 interchange
- Google maps also show a Comfort Suites and Holiday Inn Express near Schaumburg Airport.